SLIS recruiting ISL/English Interpreter
The Irish Sign Language version of the advertisment is available on the SLIS Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SLISireland
Sign Language Interpreting Service (SLIS) is seeking to recruit a qualified Irish Sign Language / English Interpreter for a specified purpose contract as maternity cover within our existing team, with responsibilities in relation to the Irish Remote Interpreting Service (IRIS). The post will be based in the SLIS offices two set days each week but may also involve evening and weekend work. SLIS will also consider applicants interested in working one-day per week.
A panel of qualified candidates will be formed to fill vacancies which arise within the next 24 months (including temporary and permanent, part-time and full time interpreter posts).
ISL / English Sign Language Interpreter Panel
The Irish Sign Language/ English Interpreter provides interpretive support primarily for the Irish Remote Interpreting Service but also to the Manager, SLIS Board and team, acting as interpreter for SLIS meetings and needs where required.
The successful applicant for this post will:
• Have an appropriate qualification in sign language interpreting.
• Have appropriate experience as an English / Irish Sign Language Interpreter, ideally with three years professional experience.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of, and ability to adhere to, the SLIS Code of Ethics & Confidentiality.
• Demonstrate excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of issues affecting the national and international Deaf Community.
• Demonstrate the skills and understanding of the role, including the importance of acting as a first point of contact for customers.
• Demonstrate effective team-work and administrative skills in their work.
• Possess and demonstrate the ability to operate the full range of Microsoft suite of programmes and to demonstrate knowledge and / or experience of using video-conferencing software.
Job Description and Application Form available from: 087 650 6651 or by email on:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send completed application form & current CV, including the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees that we may contact with your consent to:
John Stewart, Manager, Sign Language Interpreting Service, Deaf Village Ireland, Ratoath Rd, Cabra, Dublin 7.
The salary for this post is €38,750 per annum, pro rata for part time staff (e.g. €7,750 per annum for one day per week). The Maternity cover position is for two days per week.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly no later than 1.00pm Thursday 19th November 2015.
Please note short-listing may apply and those who qualify at interview will be put on a panel.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. SLIS is funded through & supported by the Citizen’s Information Board. IRIS is a collaborative project between SLIS, DeafHear.ie and the Irish Deaf Society.